Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apparently Breast Cancer is GLAMOUROUS. Check out Glamour.com

Well, the Trusera Video has made it onto Glamour magazine's website Glamour.com. This is under VITAMIN G: DAILY HEALTH & FITNESS BLOG. The piece is actually called: One Woman's Health Nightmare: "You Have Breast Cancer--But the Doc Can't See You for 2 Weeks." Who knew that this would make its way to a major publication? I am happy to say that the comments are so positive and proactive. So many women that are posting are setting aside their fear and getting a mammogram, or demanding a mammogram at times.

I have a whole new thought for a program to get women in for mammograms that have found lumps. In my mind it is called "Bump for a Lump." I am waiting for my Radiologist to call me back. She was the one who shared with me WHY the wait here is so long.

My dear friend Lu in St. Louis said that there is no wait there at Washington University Medical Center. The wait must get shorter as you get closer to the equator.

Well, this is a problem and I think it will get fixed. Start small and then take over the world. Us lumpy women deserve better.

It makes me hopeful on this day. It makes me feel like one person can make a difference. It makes me feel like I can go to Safeway and not vomit because of the sea of pink. The raffle, the book sale, the check out donations. Thanks for asking but honestly, I've given.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Michele, I think that is a wonderful idea, and when I make my yearly appointments I will make sure to let them know that they can bump me for a person who needs the mammo for diagnostics.

But here is something even more scary. My mother has BC bone mets that do not have a primary. It's just in her bones. The bone biopsy confirmed this. I think that the medical community would really like to sweep her under the rug. We went to MD Anderson in Houston, and the nurse seriously told us, uhm, you can't have breast cancer without a tumor in your breast.

Her only symptoms were anemia, bone pain, weight loss, and fatigue. For 2 years her doctors kept telling her it was just arthritis. Then the horrible ugly CAT scan revealed the lytic lesions. They were in every bone scanned.
Yes, it's a little know fact, but women like my mother are on the rise. I want to get her story out there. I don't want what is happening to her to happen to anyone else.

Anonymous said...

Darling - You are making a DIFFERENCE in this world. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Breast cancer can be scary but with the advance made in technology there are more tools and treatment options that can be used to fight breast cancer than ever before. Surgery offers the best chance for a cure. However for those who don't have surgery as an option, minimally invasive treatments known as thermal ablation and laser therapy are results of the progress that imaging technology has made. Consult Breast Cancer Sarasota County, Florida http://www.localdoctordirectory.com/doctor_index_1173.html

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to pay a visit this web page and reading the views of all mates on the topic of this paragraph, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

Here is my webpage weightloss camp