Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Heads or Tails

It is a snow day here, was yesterday too. We (me) are all anxiously awaiting the 1 1/2 hour late start for school today. You must understand, those of you that live in areas of the world that actually function when it snows, that the Greater Seattle area is PARALYZED by one snowflake. Seriously, buses skid out on the freeways and people just abondon their cars wherever when there is one snowflake.

Anyhow, I digress. One of my 'on-line Met Sisters' made me think of something with her statement about there always being another side of the coin. I thought I would share it with you so you can laugh out loud too!

My daughters have decided that the only fair way to do things is to flip a coin. Whatever the choice is we will flip a coin. Here's how it goes:

7yo: "I want to watch Magic School Bus."

3yo: "I want I SPY."

7yo: "She ALWAYS (drag it out) gets to watch what she wants, I NEVER (really whine this one out) get to watch what I want. That is so UNFAIR (be practically in tears by now.)"

41yo: (Thinking....yes my love life is unfair in so many ways and I pray you will never come to understand this.) "Well, the only fair way to decide is to FLIP A COIN!"

3yo&7yo: "Yeah we are going to flip a coin........Yeah!"

7yo: (Much quicker on the uptake) "I choose heads!"

3yo: "I choose butts!"

41yo:" And butts it is!" as I laugh so hard I almost pee just from pressing the buttons on the remote.

A Post-script:

Both 3yo and 7yo were so wowed by my hysterics that they have now changed "Heads or Tails" to "Butts and Brains."

I love them so. I hope sharing a bit of this joy makes your day better.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Okay Butts and Brains it is. I love it!