Thursday, January 24, 2008

Praying for Cindy

This last weekend (a weekend of culture for me) I attended the Seattle Symphony Children's Program "Can Music Tell a Story?" It was the first time my girls had been to Benaroya Hall and they were very impressed. Anya was really into the cultural aspect of attendance while Mila-well she was just really impressed with the bathroom.

The conductor, Cynthia Kuan, did a wonderful job engaging the kids and spoke to them frequently throughout the performance. They heard excerpts from both "Star Wars" and "Harry Potter" so it was a big hit. Thanks to Cindy, Sara and Greg for the tickets.

Later that evening I attended Ea Sola's performance "Drought and Rain" by the National Ballet of Viet Nam-Hanoi. To say that this piece was intense is an understatement. At times I realized that as an audience member I was completely anxious. There was a lot going on and I certainly can't explain it but I went with the Director of the Dance Academy where our girls take dance. I think she got more out of it than I did.

Anyhow, after the show we decided to have a drink at our town's only watering hole Italianissimo. Per normal I was eavesdropping and we learned that the wife of the Owner of the place had be diagnosed with a recurrence of BC. She had 3 lumpectomies, a mastectomy and reconstruction with a TRAM flap in 2005 (?) She had gone on to raise more than $25,000 for the 3-day and now the cancer is back.

She is having surgery today. Please pray for her: clear margins, quick healing and steady hands for her surgeon.

No comments: