Thursday, April 10, 2008

Even the Cat is Sick!

Matt called the vet and apparently cats can have allergies and colds. Who knew? Poor Smithia has been hiding under the bed sneezing all day long. Well, now I have it. I don't think that I got it from the cat (but who knows) but we are both sick. Now I have been sick since March 5th and I must say I am a bit over it. I understand and accept being immunosuppressed, but this is crazy.

I will go get the Z-Pac antibiotics (which always sounds like a computer thing or a car) and hopefully it will kick some butt!

If you scroll down you can see the latest posts from Marisa Acocella Marcheto at the "Hottest Pink Party Ever" which earned $4.5M in one night. All the stars were out Gwyneth Paltrow, Evelyn Lauder, Christian from Project runway, Elton John performed. My gal pals said the evening was a total blast and the goody bags were awesome. (Crying on the inside, we all know how I love a goodie bag!)

The latest excitement is that Sarah Park from MyBreastCancerNetwork.com is actually coming out to Seattle. At last we will meet. How fun is that? She is in charge of production and sounds really cool online.

Hopefully I will be perked up a bit.

This week has been Spring Break for the kids. Since we are obviously not in Hawaii or Sun valley we have had to entertain ourselves here at home. There have been play dates and staying up late. The girls have a mini-sleepover in each other's room every night. Yesterday we saw "Nim's Island" and we also saw "Horton Hears a Who" over the weekend. Two days ago we all went and had manis and pedis. Now Crash and Dizzy are bedazzled with flowers and rhinestones on their big toes and thumb nails and they look awesome.

The trip to the spa was Anya's choice as she was "Student of the Month" for March 2008. This was for the whole school and she got an award and a special letter from the Principals. WOW! We are so proud. well, just a quickie. Hope it was good for you!

2 comments:

Beth Brownlee said...

Hey Girl,

Been thinking about you alot. Look forward to catching up with you at some point. We keep the positive energy flowing your way constantly.
Yours in the Journey,
Beth at TYJ

Anonymous said...

Meesh-

Surprise! Though I've been in touch with Christa I haven't talked to you at all. I've been so wrapped up my life--the wedding, John moving, me moving, trying to sell the Vegas house, etc. etc. I found the link to your blog while cleaning my inbox today. You sound so good and I just wanted to say, "Right on, Meesh! Kick some cancer butt!" Deb M.