Monday, May 5, 2008

Holly O'Reilly

Friday night I went out to a pub to hear live music with my friend Dana. What a treat. I was so excited. We were going to start at her house and she was going to drive. Then I got to sleep over at her empty house. Matt said he could handle the Friday to Saturday morning schedule. My freedom on Friday was matched by having to attend a Chuck E Cheese birthday at Noon on Saturday. Fair trade in my book.

So we arrive at find princess parking. We get to the pub and order up a couple of drinks. I don't really drink anymore so one beer is a lot. I see Holly across the room and my excitement mounts. We have emailed, texted, and phoned since last summer but had never met. It was so amazing to finally be together. She is an amazing musician and a fabulous babe. She introduced me to her finace. They seem truly happy.

Anyhow, Dana and I enjoyed the music. She is so talented. Additionally, she had a drummer and mandolin player on stage at times which was nice. Her family was in the audience so it was a special evening. I was thrilled and actually started crying when she said, "It is my birthday and so I am playing what I want to hear. No requests. Except this one for my friend Michele." She went on to play my favorite "Gifts & Burdens"

I don't think I can live with all these gifts and burdens, or the weight of learning. I'd give some to you, but in time you would surely be sorry. Only time can help you now, you can only live through, not over or around.

I just love her, her music and her spirit. You should check her out. You should buy her music and her shirts.

www.hollyoreilly.com/home.html

You can also check out a lot of other indie musicians at CD Baby.

http://cdbaby.com

1 comment:

Beth Brownlee said...

Hey girl,
Just checking in on you and it sounds as though life is treating you kindly these days. Glad to read you are out and about. Keep me posted on your health and happiness.
Yours in the journey...